Saturday, January 5, 2008

i'm 20!


whoooo! i can't believe it....i'm finally 20?!
alright, i'm 20. so how did i celebrate my birthday? nothing much special actually, but to tell the truth, this is the busiest and most tiring bday i've ever experienced. all thanks to the Genetic 1 class from 8am til 1pm, a freaking 5 hours!

ohh, i also saw a cockroach in the basin when i brushed my teeth. When i told me dad about it, he said "the cockroach wanna be the first to wish you Happy Birthday ma..." sweat.

in fact i've music lesson after the GEN class, but at last i called up my teacher to postpone it because my friends wanna celebrate with me in the afternoon, especially Gwen. She purposely took a day off just to celebrate with me! awwww~~ so sweet of her isn't it??? we had lunch at the sushi king and i had a surprise from min zhao and rhian. They told us they wanted to go to toilet...but strangely they went for so long. more than 20 minutes...and then when i saw them came back with a secret recipe's box, and a lit candle on a cake, i was like "omg.." i was so touched by what they did for me....haha, at some point i even begged them not to sing in front of the people in sushi king. but they turned to a deaf ear and started to sing....LOUDLY! maybe i was paranoid, i felt as if everyone was looking at our direction...lol.

this year i received a lot of wishes, greetings and prezzies from friends, which i don't really feel very comfortable of (not in a bad way of course), i'm just not used to it because during all my previous bdays, not many people realized about it, only a few...*sigh*

for instance, during my SAM back in disted, college started on the first week of jan, obviously none of my classmate knew it was my bday, so i had another silent bday...
and last year, i just started my biotech course in a new college where i didn't have any single friend there, and it was so happened that my bday fell on the 2nd day of college, yet again nobody knows it and i do admit that i felt very alone and left out. i couldn't wait to finish class and dashed home, the place where i always fit in to...

therefore, i hardly experience much of the present-giving, all the birthday-wishings, the norm is that i'm usually the one wish my friends happy birthday and all, it's hardly the other way round. that's why this year i received a lot of attentions on my birthday and i feel kinda awkward, feel as if i'm dreaming of something...but nevertheless i'm very glad and happy that they for once made my 20th birthday a very memorable one. thanks guys!!!
besides my family and some close friends, i really don't remember anyone who gives so much attentions and surprises to me on my birthday...

although it's just a simple "happy birthday", but it means so much to me, it makes me feel so loved and appreciated. as a matter of fact, it is enough to make my day.

thank heaps for those who make my 20th birthday a great one =)


love you all <3



2 gimme more:

Chen Yi said...

glad to read that you had an enjoyable and memorable bday! :)

michiko said...

HAppy belated belated birthday!! haha! paiseh.. I didnt notice this post, hope you dont mind!! hehe!!