Thursday, April 8, 2010

It has been a long time since my last presentation, i guess.

I feel so uneasy this afternoon, not because of the nervousness i used to have but because of the unpreparedness. Laziness was not a factor contributing to all this but a person.

The topic has been decided on Tuesday and i completed almost all on the night itself, until 2. yup..because its a main topic out of all. Who knows, Yesterday, other group members came to tell that the lecturer expect 2 peoples to handle my topic. Since i had already completed most of it, what she needs to do is just to add more details on it. i was expecting her to send the finalized slides to me before 12midnight. However, when i received her call 15 minutes to 12, she told me what she is going to add and she will do it in the next morning.

WHAT?!

That means, i got to present on spot?!

and do you know what time she started to prepare the slides?
10am! she skipped the morning lecture class half way to do the slides. and i only got the slides in the noon.

When the presentation was going on, i feel so uneasy. (bu shi zi wei)
Im not saying what i had done was excellent. But, the time and effort put on it shouldn't be ignored. Half of her slides are made by me; what she added for me is covered by the previous presenter.

Im not criticizing a friend as such. But, couldn't she be more sensitive that not everyone is able to present properly on spot or with limited preparation? If im a good presenter, will i waste my time to urge you to give me the slides as early as possible??

Though i stopped CheeKhang when he was saying that she is lazy as she hasn't prepare the slides by morning, i couldn't agree more with Chen Chuan when he said that she is 'bu shang xin'. If I know im going to be busy on Wednesday night, i would have done the slides by tuesday or even earlier.

Thanks to Sue as well as Yumigo.
Smile has put on my face again as im listening to the music while composing this post.... :-)

2 gimme more:

lovely Jeje~~ said...

May may guai yo~~ there are people like that in this world...i also met...am afraid i was one too...there is a function called "hide" on slides..if u think it is "duo1yu2", u dont have to delete it..just to hide it and continue with what u have..of course..why dont u take the part that u are most confident with, and "donate" other parts for her? meaning 10 slides..u take 1-6, give her 4 slides..if not enough, she still can add her own 1-2 slides as she likes...not her turn to add on YOUR part..my dear..hughug~be a SMARTER CAT next time ok? i dont want any other party to simply add or del or edit my slides without my agreement one....cos if they do..i might dont know what to say...rather do my own..

justin k said...

I too have encountered these people. The last minute preparation which always stresses me out. If it is an individual assignment, you can take you own sweet time and procrastinate all you want, but then when it involves teamwork and other peoples' stake, then it becomes a whole other issue. Infact, lately I just had a late submission on one of my subjects which cost me 10% of my marks. But then again, it was the fault of nobody and everybody