Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hot N' Cold

This post is not about the Hot N' Cold sang by Katy Perry. 
It's about the temperature i'm facing every single day recently. The temperature outside my room is cold, whereas the temperature in my room is rather hot, due to the hot air being blew out from the heater, which blows right on top of my head.
There are couple of times when i feel like i'm about to fall sick like that. suddenly cold, suddenly hot, loh meng meh?

Autumn. 
Most of the time you love it, but sometimes you hate it.
anyway, some random updates i wanna share with you guys,
first, my new biochemistry demonstrator! wooooot, the first time i saw him, i was like...omg, prince william number 2! For once i was worried whether i could concentrate on my lab while having him around =P
he got a pair of sparkling blue eyes, aww~
everytime he talks to me or i ask him stuff, i can't help but stare at his eyes! Beside calling him prince william, i got another nickname for him too, it's red apple! hahaha, because his face get red rather frequent lol...prince william 2, i think i've a crush on you =P  

However, regarding my new biochemistry lecturer, he is....very funny in a sense. you can easily spot him in a crowd, because he will wear a very colourful or striking colour's shirt. for example, ORANGE, or lime green, or with many light striking colours all blend together. wahahaha! summore he will change his shirt twice in a day. the speed of his lecture is like whoa...super fast! try to daydream la, you sure cannot catch what he said for the next second.  
i have to quote one of his many cold jokes here:

"what TURN a gene ON?"

"a NAKED DNA!"

By the way, do you know how i spend most of my time when i'm not doing anything productive?
it's looking at pictures taken since God know when, probably since i got my first digital camera gua. i miss spending time with my friends back in penang, i miss all those crazy stuff we did, back in college (disted and inti)
comparatively, i was happier when i was studying in disted. That was the time i met some really nice and sincere friends (not that i don't have earlier on la) if you guys are reading this, yea, it's YOU! Most of them are "spread" throughout australia lol...some of them are in uk and ONE of them is in the USA. 
i made fairly less friends in inti compared to disted, but i'm still grateful that i've got to know some people who really knows me, in and out. and they are the people who knows something's wrong even i didn't tell them. 

Speaking of high school friends, or rather my primary school friends (as most of us attended the same primary and secondary school)
we've been friends for sooooooo long, from standard 1. after so many years, we still remain friends (and that includes you jeremy...haha)
whenever i mention about my primary/high school close friends to my other college/uni friends, i feel really proud. i'm proud that i've got a number of true friends whom i knew for more than half of my life. 

i realised that as i grow older, it's relatively difficult to really find friends like that already, mostly just acquaintances. personally, i don't like being one of those "Hi Bye" type of friends, nor i want to have one (but i think i've a fair number of them), it's way too superficial and fake at times. So now, all i heard is "networking" instead of making real friend. Socialize, they call it. 
maybe i'm not born to socialize, so i find it quite hard to initiate a conversation with them, let alone trying to engage in the conversation. summore need to put up that "oh! i'm so into what you've got to say" face expression. ohh kill me. 
i still remember one of my close friend back in inti used to tell me..
"you know what, you're pretty scary. because you show whatever you're feeling right in your face."
hmm, i took it as a compliment. 

walao, how come i wrote so much about friends? the title of this post is not "FRIENDS" also. *smack forehead*
other than looking at those pictures taken with friends and family, i also look at those pics where i still have my long hair! i really miss my long, messy hair. but i don't really regret cutting it before i came here, though i looked quite geli when i first cut it short LOL!
never mind, cuz i know my hair will grow longer very soon ;)

wheee, when i still have my long hair. too many pics taken when i was in long hair. i think these pics were taken when i was about 19 yrs old until before i chop my hair. i also cannot remember d. the pics were randomly organised, not chronically ordered. the 3rd pic in the first row looks like ghost! lol...must be my sister!

it's getting longer and longer
i think i look younger in short hair wor *proud* =D as usual, i'm vain when i'm in the mood.

p/s: listening to "At The Beginning" now. you guys should know what this song reminds me of... =)

p/p/s: had my most satisfying afternoon nap ever since uni commenced!

5 gimme more:

rhi said...

YaY! disted was fun XD miss those afternoons when all of us went out for lunch XD and we had so many issues related to linla (thanks to u-know-who =P) etc etc..
anyway..focus on ur lab la =P later become like mew..has affair with linla XD (shh..dun think she'll see this..later she will box me XD)

Lin said...

Hahaha...i also miss disted! Because it was the start of many "firsts" LOL not sure if u know...nvm, can come n ask me when u see me. XD anyway, have fun! ;)

May said...

lol...i have many hi bye friends now actually..or better than hi bye a bit?!
haha...what to do..sometimes they help you a lot...cannot always keep my face as cool as usual le! if not people will think im not in mood or STRESSED!强颜欢笑,有苦自己尝!

my room is very comfortable..opposite with Aus's climate--in india, its hot outside but cold inside the room as long as you have Air cond. :D:D

eh..talking about long 'messy' hair..how to avoid it!??!!i don't want my hair to become messy?!

Sue-zy said...

rhila: i think i've become like her d, only this time i'm obsessed with my lab demonstrater instead of lecturer =P
cannot tahan la, he too "suai" d! such pair of captivating eyes~~someone please save me~~

Lin:eh-hem, i think i know one of the very "firsts" of urs in disted hehehe!

May:
of course everyone will have hi bye friends la...i also have a lot la. haha, the only way i avoid to have messy hair was...
to tie them up! lol...i know, stupid method. or you can be like other ppl, go straighten ur hair or what la...now so common d.

May said...

lol..how come got so many lab demonstator is handsome one?!?!
my lab is in charged by a horrible lady and ah pak one?!!!!

yer...don't want...if i want to strengthen my hair..i will not do it here too....
tie it up...emm...what a 'good' idea?!