Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Adelaide

Hey people, i'm in adelaide for 5 days now. still adapting to the new weather, surrounding and the people. Things weren't go really well for the first day but it's definitely getting better and better now. since i've got internet connection in my room and some new friends, not to mention international one too =)
lotsa pics being taken but i'll find time to upload soon la, hopefully...and cuz we have the internet quota thing here so i've got to be careful not to exceed it.

and ya, i've never been getting around to places by buses and trams so much in my entire life until i got here. it's great that they have free bus and tram services here, that's a lot of money i can save up in a year. however, the food here is kinda expensive though, i still remember the first meal i had here was roasted pork rice, something like that which cost me 7.50Aud! do the maths yourself...and it's really expensive. one thing i like it here is that the fruits are cheap, really cheap during certain period. i just got myself a packet of strawberries (around 20 of them) from the central market for only 1Aud! hehehe...

been to the uni orientation for 2 days already, and still getting used to walk around the campus and hopefully am able to remember all the buildings and their locations without the guidance of the uni map when lecture commences next month. haven't enrol yet but will do so next week after the information session by the faculty of sciences.

i can sense that more and more exciting and interesting events are waiting for me soon...there are some trips specially organised for the international students. gotta charge my camera batt and of course, recharge myself so that i've max energy to enjoy the fun and meeting more and more new people!
the people here are soooooo friendly until it kinda freaks me out sometimes lol...
totally...i mean TOTALLY cannot be compared to the people back in msia. i mean generally la.

p/s: the weather is getting colder now and now i've got sorethroat and slight flu =(
my throat is sore to the extend that when i wanna videocall with my family i can't even talk properly, end up typing anyway. sigh.

8 gimme more:

michiko said...

aww..... drink more water and take care of yourself!! Try mango! mango is in the season now!!!

btw, roasted duck rich for $7.5 is cheap! it's bloody $9.9 in my place.

Chen Yi said...

glad to see you're settling well!
rest more yea, hope you can recover soon! it's common to fall ill during this period of time, as the weather changes abruptly and it's very hot and dry!drink lots and lots of water!

yea aussie ppl r generally very friendly! you're gonna love and enjoy every bit of yr stay!

take care!

Chen Yi said...

er.. i realised i used a lot of exclamation marks!!!!

Jeremy Choo said...

Haha! I'll bring you around when I get back next week. Most of my friends are international students ;( I have friends ranging from Kenyas to Russians. The only aussie friends I have are my 2 lab partners Hahaha! I'm in trouble right now because I'm suppose to enroll in 4 subjects, I chose 3 already but I can't choose the last 1 as all of the times clash with my other subjects. How much is your quota? I don't think your hostel allows other internet providers to be installed into their premise besides the ones already installed meaning you only get really few quota. And the printing is really expensive in the uni so I hope you can get your own printer. Have fun!

P.s. I'm Hoping really hard that I don't experience 40+ degrees temperature when I get back :D

Sue-zy said...

michiko: yea, i drink a lot of water since i came here, but the water in adelaide tastes a bit weird...maybe they add more minerals here. mango ar...will mango juice helps?
WHAT THE! $9.9 for that? that's crazy!

chen yi: still feeling under the weather now, a bit of sorethroat now and having a runny nose too. you take care too aite? =)

jeremy: wei, you faster come back la...i need ya to guide me around the city lol...and dun forget to introduce more handsome dudes for me!
by the way, i'm also having some problems in the enrolment, it looks kinda complicated to me. but i'll be attending the info session next monday, hope it'll help.
the quota is around 2000MB i guess...it's so not enough lor.
aiyoh, why dun you tell me earlier abt thata? if not i might even bring my own printer over...

May said...

oi~!~

great to hear that you are fine over there~!!!
really...
was worrying thoughtout my university exam...
see...i immediately online to check out your updates right after my theory papers are over!!!:p

quota?
what's that?limit you to online?

you seems okay ya? being there is not really a nightmare, is it?=)

oh...heard that aus and europe uni campus is quite big and confusing...
hahaha....i think its really a big problem for you to remember the location...
once i recalled the P ramli!!:D:D:D:D

looking forward to see you or at least your updates soon....
flu and sorethroat are self limitting...need not take any medicine d...
sleep well and take more rest...
if you really fall sick, the rest of your days may be more difficult?

perhaps you should email me your contact or what?

always wondering how much meizhi call me each time d....but she never told...

in fact, i cannot online now...
the connection is outdated!!!!
im using my roomate's laptop to online and my own laptop for mp3;p:p
and i don't think i should pay 2 months just for the use of 1 week...
im going for North India trip after i practicals get over.....so will be apparently disappear for 1 month...

but don't worry...once i can get internet cafe..i will definately come and visit you dd...

hugz hugz....

Love,
May^^

Anonymous said...

oh nooo.. I mean the mango in australia very nice!!
sore throat should drink honey with lemon!! it helps! =)

Anonymous said...

oh typo... =p
it's me, meizhi